Thursday, January 6, 2011

Portrait and self-portrait tips and ideas

Good TIPS
1) Focussing is easier if you use a smaller aperture; My favourite lens at the moment is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, (hence the abundance of photos taken with it on Flickr, I suppose) but I’d probably not use it wide-open when taking self portraits; It’s tricky enough to get the focus right when you’re behind the camera – when you’re on the wrong side of the lens, having a slightly deeper DOF is a lot easier!
2) Think about your motivation and emotions: Blankly staring at the camera rarely gets good results. Be silly, don’t be afraid to over-act. The worst that can happen is that you fill up your memory card with useless photos; but you might also find yourself with a proper gold-nugget of a self portrait.
3) Use props! Are you a dad and a rocker? Bring your kid and your guitar. Are you a photographer? Add camera gear. Painter? Paint. Poet? Words. Make-up artist? Guess… You get the idea.


Environmental portrait


I like this photo because everything in this photo is in black and white but the lady in the red dress.
The lady in a red dress really got my attention.

I like this photo because of the structure of the building and the ballerina in the middle. It really caught my eye and i really like it a lot.

photography self portrait

I like this photo because its way back then when japan or where ever it is had Samurai's.
I love samurai's, i think its a pretty cool photo.

I love this photo because she used another photo of her or someone else's face to put over hers.

casual portrait

I like this photo because it is casual.
The girls with violins are just talking like no one is taking the photo

I like this photo because the girl is watching the teacher or outside. 
Not knowing there is a person taking her photo.


First of all I'm not completely sure who I'm going to take a picture of but there is a possibility it is my friend Ana a freshman or Destinee a Senior. I want to take a picture in the band hall, where the window is at because of the view of outside or in the fish hall. This time i will make sure the lighting is right and clear. Nothing distracting in the background just the main subject of the photo and not to make it a bad negative or print this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment